If you are thinking "Why should I go to Istanbul", here are some reasons:
1. To witness the Byzantium Empire that emerged when the Roman Empire was divided into two as eastern and western roman in 395,
2. To see the places held by the Byzantine Empire for more than a thousand years. Seeing the capital from Roman times to today's Istanbul,
3. To witness the 600-year adventure of the heyday of the Ottoman Empire and the foundation of the republic,
4. To see the palaces that summarize the 600-year adventure of the Ottoman Empire, especially with the churches, markets, fountains, cisterns, streets, and many other wonderful buildings around Topkapı Palace and Sultan Ahmet,
5. To witness the magnificent atmosphere of the still standing Hagia Sophia,
6. Feeling the pulse of the world's fifth largest city with a population of 13.8 million and the largest city in Europe,
7. To be a part of the culture where modern and traditional life styles coexist,
8. To experience the excitement of traveling from Europe to Asia within 5 minutes by ferry or car (if there is no heavy traffic),
9. To watch Asia from Europe, Europe from Asia and enjoy the traditional Bosphorus while watching,
10. "How are the people of a city both western and eastern?" To answer the question;
Istanbul has a very rich history. You can witness the fertile history from the Ottoman and Byzantine periods. You will discover the city that was once Byzantium and called Constantinople and was the crown of three empires. Places such as Sultan Ahmet Mosque, Dolmabahçe Palace, Hagia Sophia, Spice Bazaar and Süleymaniye Mosque are places to be seen at least once in a life.
Turkish cuisine is very tasty and one of the best in the world. Different and delicious dishes will surprise you. Even the Bosphorus Bridge is actually a reason. Bosphorus tour should be at the top of the to-do list. Also, a dinner at the Bosphorus is among the options. Shopping in Istanbul has a different experience. For an authentic shopping experience, you can go to the Grand Bazaar and Spice Bazaar, if you wish, you can visit modern shopping malls and visit small antiques shops. Last but not least, the colorful and lively nightlife. Istanbulites have their own style of entertainment. You can find many options for fun.
Flights can always be found from Europe, America and Asia to Istanbul. Since there are always flights, you can determine the flight time yourself. Istanbul is a tourist friendly city. There are great walking tracks in Istanbul. You can also join private Istanbul tours.
The weather is almost always great in Istanbul. Only the winter months are rainy and cold. Even if you don't like anything, you will like the mood. If you have a hobby of photography, this is heaven for you. You can find people of all kinds, interesting streets, authentic neighborhoods, sea, forest and bustling bazaars and more.
Also; You can buy carpets, buy evil eye beads, watch the performance of whirling dervishes in Galata Mevlihane, enjoy the historical Turkish baths, enjoy the unique view while walking across the Galata bridge. You can watch the fishermen, watch the silhouettes of mosques, buy clothes made of "Şile cloth" fabric. (Şile is a small town in the north of Istanbul)